Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Love came down

The love of my (our) Father completely wrecks me. His kindness astonishes me daily. I am overwhelmed by His affection for us. The simple utterance of His name releases us from chains and brings freedom. I would just like to share a powerful testimony of the His kingdom pulled down to earth.

        As I walked from my third grade class I noticed one of our students sitting outside her room. She seemed unresponsive to the teacher manhandling her face. So I stepped in and kindly asked the teacher to go back to class so that she and I could talk. At this point I assumed she was merely acting out and with some encouragement would return to class. I soon realized that was not the case at all!
 
      She was not acting out or being stubborn, she very literally was unable to open her mouth or speak. I asked her multiple questions and her only response was a head shake. Eventually I asked her why she was unable to open her mouth and speak. Her eyes glanced downward with a slight panic in them. I then asked if she knew who had the power to set her free. Without hesitation her eyes darted up to the heavens. I knew in that moment we needed reinforcements. I called Lala, April, and Katie into the room  and explained what I believed to be going on. In a few short seconds we were all ready for battle. We laid our hands on this beloved child and began to call upon our Father. A few minutes later Katie told  her to try and say the name,  Jesus. We  all sat around her encouraging her to call upon His name. Every muscle in her body tensed as she tried with all her might to open her mouth and utter His name. Her lips jerked and then all at once she shouted JEZI!  You could sense the shattering of bondage in the room. Then just as quickly as her mouth opened you could see it was again held shut. We continued like this for a while until at last she said again JEZI! With each shout the grip of the enemy loosened. Until finally she was able to open her mouth and pray, giving thanks to her Father. Sitting on the floor in that room I could tangibly feel the love of the father poured out on His child. His kindness filled the space and I could not contain the joy I felt in my spirit. I just sat there laughing while tears of gratitude rolled down my cheeks. If I said thank you every minute of everyday, it would not be equal to the depth of gratitude in my heart for His undeserved loving kindness towards His children.

1 comment: